Tuesday, August 14, 2012

TastyTuesday: French treats

I've always – especially since returning from a trip to Paris last summer – loved French baked goods. I mean, who doesn't right. The french seem to understand that life without carbs simply isn't the way to eat, and I can appreciate that. The hard part about French baking in small-city North Dakota is finding the quality of ingredients on which a pâtissier would never skimp.

As the weather slowly starts to turn colder, I'm going to return to the kitchen and try my hand at croissants, baguettes and brioche. So please share some tips and recipes, as well as ideas for getting my pantry up to snuff.

Meanwhile, feast your eyes upon these French delights:



Source: etsy.com via Iryna on Pinterest










2 comments:

  1. If you ever want a couple of baking assistants give me a call.Tess and I love to bake- especially on football Sundays.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to tackle macaroons for the longest time, but am too intimidated to take them on alone. How about you and Troy plan a trip to Switzerland and we can indulge together? Deal? Perfect.

    p.s. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete