Monday, October 31, 2011

Last-minute pet costume

In the past, I've been one of those people who spent $15 on a Target costume for my cat. Why? Not really sure, but when you're in the aisle, everything just seems so cute.

Mr. Friedrich von Stauffenpuss grew out of the sharky costume I bought him a few years ago.

IMG_2528

And last night as I was finishing my costume (another post to come tonight), this costume just started taking shape.

IMG_4744

What you need:
Men's T-shirt
Sharpie
Scissors
Cat or dog (You wouldn't necessarily need one these, but then this project would be kinda pointless)

IMG_4753

1. Cut a sleeve off one side. Friedrich loves crafternoons.

IMG_4757

2. Flatten the sleeve so what would normally be the top of the arm, is the back, where you use a sharpie to create a spooky creature. I drew a jack-o-lantern face. If you have a green shirt, try a witch or Frankenstein. A plain ol' white Tee? Hello, ghosty.

IMG_4762

3. Cut arm holes. These turned out to be not quite big enough, so it may require a few dress rehearsals to get it right.

IMG_4772

4. Friedrich loved crafternoon until he realized it was a costume for him. He's not modeling the best, but I promise he looked adorable.

What is your pet going as this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment