Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WardrobeWednesday: Work essentials

As a young professional, I sometimes struggle with feeling my age at the same time as looking the part of someone who wants to be taken seriously. Our workplace doesn't usually require full-on professional suit attire, but looking like you mean business is a must.

So I present what I classify as work essentials. Money is often tight when you're just starting your career, so going with a Target or H&M version of something is totally acceptable, in my book. I try to stick with neutral colors and dress it up to make it my own with scarves, jewelry or bright shoes or a colorful cami.

Work essentials


V neck dress, $30
Banana Republic cashmere sweater, $198
GAP knit top, $50
GAP knit top, $50
GAP long sleeve top, $60
Alice Olivia cap sleeve shirt, £188
Tulle Clothing peter pan collar blouse, $53
Agent Ninetynine stripe shirt, $30
Top, 249 SEK
Gap blazer, $98
J Crew cropped pants, $20
J Crew wool pants, $148
ASOS pencil skirt, $63
ASOS White short skirt, $63
AK Anne Klein pointy pumps, $38




Stop back next week for my tips on adding some fun and color to your work wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. Great selections! Perfect work-wear.

    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete