Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pointing fingers

I broke my finger back in January. I'll spare you the gory details, but not the gory photos.

Here's the back view. Not so bad.

And the front. A little gross, but not as bad as it could be.


The little accident required a trip to the E.R., as well as a follow-up appointment and physical therapy, all for a cruddy finger. After $581 in medical bills and a month of walking around with a perpetual middle-finger salute frozen into my hand, it fully operational again.

I received the statement from my insurance company last week and discovered that they are covering none of my medical expenses. That's right, not a dime. I have had this student insurance plan for over three years, and this is the first claim I have ever had to file with them. So not only do I pay almost $100 per month, they cover zero percent of my expenses. How does this work and why are insurance companies getting away with this baloney?

I think I will turn this photo into a postcard to my insurance company. A big, fat thank you very much postcard.


Thanks for nothing, buttheads.

My congressmen will certainly be hearing about this.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Ahem*DOUCHEBAGS*...

    How is your finger feeling?

    ReplyDelete