Friday, October 12, 2012

FridayInFargo

This week marks a decade since I moved to Fargo. My move here was meant as something temporary, a step toward getting somewhere else. I was at the end of a relationship and confused about which direction my education should go.

I moved into a small, cheap (and scary at times) downtown apartment. Broadway was in the middle of its reconstruction, and young people tended to stay away. The first winter here, I read almost a book a day, slept in a room with nothing but a bed and watching Oprah on 17" TV from an air mattress. I planned my next move, where I would go and how I could find a hipper, cooler place to call home.

But somewhere along my stay here, it became my hometown.

The city grew up with me. I met my husband, reconnected with some great friends, found a career and made a home.

TroyHeidi_Wedding178

Source: gramfeed.com via Heidi on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment