Thursday, November 13, 2008

If all else fails, make soup

What a lazy day. I had every intention of getting everything done, but my seemed to get foiled at every turn. My portfolio has yet to be recovered from my stupid corrupted USB disk, my photo subject never showed up for the shoot and my gym buddy flaked out on me again.

I did get a few things done.

The leftover vegetables and herbs from my soup-making escapades of the weekend went into a big pot of what I'm calling "Leftover Soup"

Ingredients:
1 potato
3 cans of stewed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 T vegetable oil
1 t pepper
1 t salt
1 head cabbage
4 carrots
1 cup water
1/4 cup parsley
1 cup uncooked pasta
(This is all I remember including anyway)

Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add salt, pepper, tomatoes, potato, carrots and water, simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots a potato are tender. Add cabbage, cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Bring to soft boil, add pasta and cook for about 10 minutes.

Voila. It's a fast, easy way to get all five of your daily servings of vegetables and clean out your refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment