Friday, January 1, 2010

The first of the year

Let me take this opportunity to spout some aimless facts of my day. So far:
  • I've watched three movies, none of which I particularly like, but enjoyed myself nonetheless. This morning I saw "Its Complicated" with my mom. I was incidentally the youngest person in the theater at that time of the day, as well as the only person not really laughing. It's not that the movie was bad, I just think there's something lost in the generational differences. Although, thinking of my mom smoking pot before a first date is kind of great. "Confessions of a Shopaholic" had a two-star rating on my Netflix queue, which turns out, was quite generous of Netflix. I'm currently watching "Blind Date." I don't get it, like it or plan to finish it.
  • My cats are both incredibly tired and insistent on sleeping on me.
  • I'm poor until my pay check, so I've been eating all the weird stuff in my cupboards that I'm not really sure why I bought in the first place. Of course, I can't be too hard on these fine canned goods now that I'm reduced to eating them for a full six days.
  • It's incredibly cold out. Even for Fargo, it's cold. OK, even for Fargo it's not cold. I'm pretty sure it getting below zero is quite normal in January. It's just fun to complain about.
  • My neighbors are the most incredibly and unnecessarily loudest people on earth.
  • Resolutions are a no-go this year. It seems like I set them and they never get much of a thought after January and (no offense to anyone who actually follows through with them), seem like an excuse for all of your bad habits throughout the preceding months. "It's OK that I drank, smoked,  ate and lazed my way through the holidays. Quitting those things is my New Year's resolution. I won't do it again until next holiday season."
  • I have more than 1,000 pictures sitting on my memory card waiting for me to tone and post. I should really do that, huh? Oh look, another shitty movie for me to watch.
  • I miss school and my school friends already. 
  • I have no desire to take down my holiday decor.
  • My favorite part of the day was turning my calendar to the first page.
  • I finally got through the last of the 2-foot stack of magazines that has piled up since, oh I don't know, June?
  • I still have a stack of Christmas gifts I can't wait to give to my favorite lady.
So enough of my boringness. Happy new year, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. i do not miss fargo cold.
    but the rainy winter here is getting old.

    look, im rhyming.

    ReplyDelete