Saturday, November 19, 2011

SaturdayStitches: Super easy / lazy version of an infinity scarf

I can knit scarves, and that's about it. I've been knitting for years, and I've just never taken the plunge to learn how to follow patterns or do anything but really knit it a straight row. This is something that I'm working on, but I have a feeling it's more of a bucket list item since I say that every year. Anyone have suggestions for a good transition into pattern knitting project?

Infinity scarves aren't new. I realize this, but in my quest to learn how to knit in a round, I've always meant to make one. When I was home sick the other day, I knit a simple chunky scarf that turned out about 5 feet long.

IMG_4971
I took the little thread (I'm sure it has name) that hangs off the starting row of your scarf and weaved it through the other end with a crochet needle. Crocheting is also something I'm "working on."

IMG_4974
So what you get is a big loop.

IMG_4985_1
That you can then loop around again into a cozy, chunky, neck-warmy scarf.

Seriously, you can make this in a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment