Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Crafternoon: Thanksgiving game pencils

Each holiday, my family gets really into games. Try this super easy crafternoon project that takes less than 30 minutes to make it festive.

What you need:

IMG_4992-1
Feathers
Pencils
Craft glue
Embroidery thread that matches the feathers
Creepy cat (definitely optional)

IMG_5002
Glue a different-colored feather onto each pencil.

IMG_5012
Wrap the matching embroidery thread around the base of each feather to make it look like an arrow. Secure the end of the thread with a little clear-drying craft glue.

IMG_5048-1
Let dry for about 20 minutes, and voila. Instant turkey-inspired stylus.

What's your favorite holiday game?

Mine is Scattergories, but my husband actually hates playing it with me. I think he's just scared of my word smithery.

1 comment: