Saturday, November 19, 2011

StoryTimeSaturday: Wedding invites, crosswords and signs

TroyHeidi_Wedding213
Photo by Chris Franz

Last week, I started an eight-week series on my wedding, which coincided with a helluva blizzard. Read about it here.

Today, I want to show you my invites, custom crossword puzzles and programs.

20101117224908d4a58b614ca65407ac8c8367b592ca0b
I designed several versions of the invites myself, but after striking out having them printed the way I wanted, I ended up ordering from Minted.com. They were absolutely gorgeous, and I highly recommend them for any announcements, invites or thank-yous. This looks kinda ugly with how I crossed out our names and wedding website, but I assure you, they were gorgeous.

crossword-final
I designed this custom wedding crossword as one of our reception activities. I tied a tiny yellow golf pencil to to the top, and I think they turned out pretty darn cute. Interested in doing one for your own wedding or any kind of party? I'm considering starting an Etsy site to design them, but I'm not sure what the interest is.

program-1
Lastly, here are the simple programs I made to coordinate with the crosswords. They folded in half, so this is the back on your left and the front on your right. The inside listed the order of service and my attendants. I made a similar one for my friend Kathryn's wedding this summer. Again, if you're interested in me designing something like this for you, leave a comment.

Stop back next week for the next installment of my reliving my wedding.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome, Ryan. Glad to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm newly engaged and planning a wedding (detailed partly on my blog) so this will give me such great inspirations! I'm a new follower :) Love for you to stop by my blog and say hi (and follow back if you're interested).
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Sarah, and congrats on your engagement. I am planning a wedding post every Saturday, and if there's anything you have questions about, feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ideas in this article. You have an insightful view of the topic and I concur. This is a delightful piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete