Tuesday, December 13, 2011

TuesdayTutorial: Spray paint owl

IMG_5638

I found this cookie jar sans cover several years ago at a thrift store. Don't get me wrong, I adore the kitschy, vintage colors, but after we started getting more grown-up and modern decor in our kitchen I wanted the owl to reflect that change in taste.

Enter a can of metallic spray paint and a beautiful day. Transformation complete.

IMG_5650

This project took less than two minutes of active engagement and an hour for drying. The can of spray paint cost lest than $5.

3 comments:

  1. Ooa, I love this. :) I have a yellow owl that hold my sponges. The color is actually perfect for my kitchen, but now I am looking around for things that need a metallic spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. I did the same thing. I found a terracotta owl intended for gardens at Walmart a few years ago and turned it into a chrome bookend. I'll update the post with a photo of that later. But seriously, this is such an awesome way to transform thrift-store finds that you aren't completely thrilled with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely LOVE this!! now on the search for an owl :)

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete