Thursday, September 13, 2012

ColorfulThursday: Pumpkin man pants

An ongoing debate took place in my pod of reporters at work today about whether or not men - any man - could pull off orange pants, and more specifically "pumpkin-colored" man pants.

My flannel-shirt wearing pal to my left said, no, he couldn't (or maybe just wouldn't) pull of orange pants, but I disagree.

So I'm leaving it up to you fine friends of the internet. What do you think can any man pull of pumpkin trousers?

I say these are the instances that prove it is so:



Source: chictopia.com via Heidi on Pinterest


Source: trashness.com via Heidi on Pinterest


Source: chictopia.com via Heidi on Pinterest


And yes, I even found some paired with flannel, John:


However, these show it can easily go terribly wrong:






In the end, it's all about the shade. I'd go for a warm, muted, fall-like orange that reminds you of the roasted sweet potatoes your mom serves on Thanksgiving, not the the pants the Chicago Bears sport on Thanksgiving's big game.

No comments:

Post a Comment