Monday, September 10, 2012

MondayMust: Recent books

It's been a while since I talked about what I'm reading, which is a lot lately.

Here are a few books I highly recommend:


"Wild" by Cheryl Strayed
I'm not very outdoorsy and not usually one for memoirs, but this is a great one. "Wild" serves as well-written inspiration to overcome any rough patch in your life.


"Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn
I originally picked this up thinking it would be some easy fluff fiction with which to pass the dog days of summer. Twenty-four hours later I was done with it, praising the plot and wanting more. Good thing they're making a movie out of it.


"State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett
This was a book club pick a few months back, and I'm already considering revisiting it. Patchett weaves a wonderful tale that somehow takes you from a Minnesota winter to the Brazilian rain forest.

Source: amazon.com via WeiEn on Pinterest

"The Sweet Life in Paris" by David Lebovitz
Lebovitz takes readers directly to Paris and holds them hostage with his delicious stories of food and baking in the City of Lights. If you've ever been (or every want to, really) to Paris, I high recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment