Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TuesdayTutorial: DIY chevron mugs

By now, you probably are aware of my excessive obsession with chevron. This weekend, it led to me drawing on dishes with permanent marker.

Here's what you need (so simple):
Permanent markers
A coffee mug

This design washes off when you scrub the mug with dish soap, so you don't have to make a permanent commitment. If you love it and don't want it to go away, just buy some of those dandy ceramic paint markets from your craft store.

The rest is self explanatory.

IMG_5950

IMG_5952

IMG_5957

I am kind of tempted to do a new set of colors and designs every time I wash these guys. Wouldn't it be fun for a theme party to doodle on the edges of bowls and wine glasses, too?


2 comments:

  1. so cute :D I'm doing this tomorrow! I just picked up an adorable plain white mug at goodwill... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete